04 April 2013

A Quote of Mine...

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart." - Anne Frank

One of my favorite quotes. I admire Anne for being able to say this, even after all she went through. She may have been Jewish, but yet she still follows Christ's words in the Parable of the Unforgiving Servant:"'Lord, if my brother sins against me, how often must I forgive him? As many as seven times?"' Jesus answered," I say to you, not seven times but seventy-seven times,'" (Matthew 18:21-22).


God can only allow good to come into being. Even if he allowed something bad to happen, it was definitely for the greater good. God created all of us to be good all the way from the time of Adam and Eve. Even though we have fallen into sin, we are all still capable of good. None of us are born and immediately decide to sin and harm others. The process has to do with the environment we are raised in. For example, could we blame a teenager for stealing and resisting authority if all that's all they know? It can be difficult to change if you've been living a lifestyle for your entire life. But, underneath that rebel teenager is one really nice kid. Changing someone requires a significant amount of time and effort, which today's American justice system lacks the resources to do. However, the rewards are far worth the investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment