19 May 2013

Reflections: The Summons

Well, it's nearly the end of my planned time blogging on The Summons. The original purpose of this blog was for a Theology project, and although I did not always keep up with post updates, I did enjoy writing posts as I gradually caught up to my quota. The Summons has given me an opportunity to reflect what I have learned in class and apply it toward the theme of holiness. This will be my last post on here, but I plan to keep this blog open for any potential readers, that they may find my work useful and apply it to their journey toward holiness, and most especially, toward becoming a man fully alive

However, before I close, I would like to answer why I titled my blog "The Summons." In the Holy Liturgy, The Summons is the title to one of my favorite liturgical songs, and it fits perfectly with the theme of this blog: to reflect and inspire all of us who are on the pilgrimage to holiness. I listen to it, and I instantaneously feel enlightened and empowered to follow Christ. I listen, and I know what it takes to follow Him. I listen, and I know that I truly love Christ. 

Thank you all for reading; it has been a good run. I have truly enjoyed writing for all of you, and hope that maybe one day, I will revive The Summons, and continue reflecting and inspiring you all on your path to holiness. Thank you and God bless. 


No comments:

Post a Comment